Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Ducks, Races, and Livestreaming

Saturday, August 26th I was on camera detail for Very Entertaining Records for two performances, but before I went to work I spent some time with Bill and a couple of our friends for an early afternoon sail.

We had some ducks follow us for a while (the pretzel snack they were tossed might have had something to do with it), and they had no problem with the attention from the camera.

Ducks in a row. Sort of.
You can just see a hint of purple in the wing feathers of this duck.

I enjoyed seeing the differences between the ducks' feathers.

Ducks on Percy Priest Lake.

Loons, herons, and ospreys are among the other types of birds we see regularly on the lake.

The wind was pretty mellow at this point, and these guys had no problem keeping up with us.

The ducks lost interest in us after a short while, and then the wind picked up and we were off!

After a lovely bit of sailing, we came back in and headed to the Nashville Speedway at the Fairgrounds for The One & Only Bill Davis to sing the National Anthem.

The race track is a solid part of Old Nashville - they're celebrating it's 60th anniversary this year - and a point of contention for some local residents. Racing can get really loud, and you can hear it for miles (we live 4 miles away and can hear the races on occasion), so there are plenty of people who would be happy to see it torn down. However, the Speedway has persisted, and it was fun to do something outside of my normal zone.

We stuck around for the first few races, then I had to get ready for the evening show.

Some of the trophies and awards to be handed out.
In addition to the races being outside my normal zone, I've been delving into live video, which is apparently all the social media rage.

I posted both the National Anthem at the Speedway and the Dutch Whisky show at Dee's live on the Very Entertaining Records Facebook page. You can click the links below to catch the replays:

National Anthem sung by The One & Only Bill Davis

Dutch Whisky live at Dee's Country Cocktail Lounge

There's nothing like having a productive weekend, especially when it involves doing so many different and fun things. I also enjoy finding new ways to use social media to the advantage of the artists I work with. I'm so grateful to have such a diverse and challenging career.

Need some advice on how to use social media for your business? Contact me here to set up a consultation.
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment