Friday, May 27, 2016

Radnor Lake, May 21, 2016

I usually shoot in controlled environments, like my studio or garden. On Saturday, though, I went on a hike with my family at Radnor Lake, and decided to try my hand with my long lens.
I took a lot of shots, but I only have a few that I like. Props to photographers who shoot nature or sports: it takes patience, paying attention, a steady hand, and quick reflexes.

This heron never moved a muscle.

This heron was quite active, and I photographed him from all kinds of angles; this exercise proved that I need to further accustom myself to the long lens. 

This young deer grazed alongside us as we walked on the trail.

It's always good to practice different kinds of photography, and this was the first time in a while I've done this sort of exercise. It felt great, and, though I didn't get a bunch of amazing shots, I got out of my comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment